Using your membership card
What benefits do I get being member of Southern Co-op?
By continuing to use your Southern Co-op card in the same way as usual, you are able to receive a range of benefits including:
- An earned share in our profits from qualifying purchases from our food, funeral or Independent Living businesses
- An earned share of the profits from other Co-operatives who participate in an affinity scheme. This allows you to take advantage of products and services provided by them (e.g. travel, childcare). Profit shares are paid at that Society’s applicable rates
- A magazine featuring Society updates, offers and competitions
- Member trips and opportunities to support community events
You also have the opportunity to shape our business by:
- Voting for your chosen Board candidates
- Standing for election to the Board (subject to eligibility criteria)
- Attending our Annual General Meeting to learn about the business and ask questions to our Board and Leadership team
- Sharing your views and ideas about the business
Will my Southern Co-op card work in Co-op Group operated stores? What are the benefits of using this?
Yes, you can still use your card. You will earn points on your purchases at the rate of Co-op Group’s Share of the Profit pay out. However, for the past 3 years Co-op Group (unlike our own Society) have been unable to pay a Share of Profits to their members and are unlikely to be in a position to do so for the foreseeable future.
Hold onto your Southern Co-op card though as you can continue to earn points on this when you use our food shops and funeral services.
Will my new Co-op Group member card work in Southern Co-op stores? What are the benefits of using this?
Yes, your card will work. You will earn points on your purchases at the rate of Southern Co-op’s Share of the Profit pay out. We are one of the few affinity scheme Co-operatives to currently pay out a share of profits.
Where can I earn points?
As well as earning points in Southern Co-op food stores and funeral homes, you can also earn points in other Co-operative societies who are part of the affinity scheme. This includes Co-op Group, Central England Co-op, Midcounties Co-op and Chelmsford Star Co-op. Profit share rates vary between the other Societies.
What does the Southern Co-op membership card look like?
What should I do if I have accidentally thrown away my Southern Co-op member card?
Contact Member Support who will be able to order you a replacement.
If you have any further questions and would like to speak to someone, please contact our Member Support team on:
T: 0800 652 0124